Total Pageviews

Monday 24 September 2012

The Warmth On Your Skin



Peaceful Moments

If i could be anything i want
Id be the warmth on your skin
Sitting curled in your lap, your strong arms around me
Protecting and reassuring 
The distant drums beat in perfect harmony
The sky is close and slightly obscured by the brow of the hills
But i am here with you
Your warmth on your skin.

I climb to the top of the highest pillar
You take your warrior soul to pillage
Your bow in hand you stride with confidence
leaping the foothills and greenery
Landing with precision...
I watch from my space, flowing from daydream to reality
Rubbing the loose grass from my legs & heaving a sigh

The village is alive with the sounds of the hunt
On the last days of September, soon Autumn will come
Shredding away the last days of summer
We will rejoice, us...and them...
and in your arms i hope to remain
The Warmth on your skin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.